saturday scoop - the dinner list - rebecca serle







Welcome Book Lovers

That sounds so much better than book haters doesn't it!  LOL 

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my "scoop" (I'm all about the short sweet spoiler free style of reviewing) about a book I've read. 


I'd love to hear your thoughts or comments, if you have any, about this novel. I'd also love to hear about your favorite novel by this author (if there is/you have one). 

This week I'm talking all about a book that's not out until September 11th.  

I was lucky enough to have won an ARC of it and it's worth reading. 




We’ve been waiting for an hour.” That’s what Audrey says. She states it with a little bit of an edge, her words just bordering on cursive. That’s the thing I think first. Not: Audrey Hepburn is at my birthday dinner, but Audrey Hepburn is annoyed.”
At one point or another, we’ve all been asked to name five people, living or dead, with whom we’d like to have dinner. Why do we choose the people we do? And what if that dinner was to actually happen? These are the questions Rebecca Serle contends with in her utterly captivating novel, THE DINNER LIST, a story imbued with the same delightful magical realism as One Day, and the life-changing romance of Me Before You.
When Sabrina arrives at her thirtieth birthday dinner she finds at the table not just her best friend, but also three significant people from her past, and well, Audrey Hepburn. As the appetizers are served, wine poured, and dinner table conversation begins, it becomes clear that there’s a reason these six people have been gathered together.

Delicious but never indulgent, sweet with just the right amount of bitter, THE DINNER LIST is a romance for our times. Bon appetit.




As you can probably guess, I LOVED this book. 

It was beyond perfect. 

It's touching, romantic and bittersweet. 

I found myself laughing, and sighing and blinking back a tear or two. 

It's a thinking novel- that's the beauty here. That and the realistic, authentic feel to the emotions and themes presented. To honestly say much more would ruin the magic. 

Let me just say, you need this book. 

Lastly, here is my own list of five dinner guests but in the spirit of books, I've only listed only authors 

Judy Blume
Agatha Christie
Jackie Collins
Charles Schulz (love Peanuts!)
Rebecca Serle (how could I not LOL)















Comments