saturday scoop





Welcome book lovers!


In the past, I've used saturday scoop to review books but I'll admit to both being lazy about reviewing and reading much much slower (sadly). 

So I've decided to just use this day to give a shout out or "scoop"  about things book related in case you missed out on the news etc

I've NEVER read a book by Georgette Heyer before but recently when I was in the book store I saw all sorts of reprints of her novels with stunning covers(thanks to Sourcebooks) and I really really wanted to buy one; in fact hopefully I will ASAP.

I'd love to know what book of Ms Heyer's is your favorite or what you think of my choices.





When Lady Ombersley agrees to take in her young niece, no one expects Sophy to sweep in and immediately take the world by storm.
Sophy discovers that her aunt's family is in desperate need of her talent for setting everything right: Cecelia is in love with a poet, Charles has tyrannical tendencies that are being aggravated by his grim fiancee, her uncle is of no use at all, and the younger children are in desperate need of some fun and freedom. By the time she's done, Sophy has commandeered Charles's horses, his household, and maybe even his heart.











Determined to secure a brilliant marriage for her beautiful sister, Frederica seeks out their distant cousin the Marquis of Alverstoke. Lovely, competent, and refreshingly straightforward, Frederica makes such a strong impression on him that to his own amazement, the Marquis agrees to help launch them all into society.
Normally Lord Alverstoke keeps his distance from his family, which includes two overbearing sisters and innumerable favor-seekers. But with his enterprising -- and altogether entertaining --country cousins getting into one scrape after another right on his doorstep, before he knows it the Marquis finds himself dangerously embroiled.







Comments