book club thursday - getting to know us









carpe librum 

seize the book

Thanks for stopping by for BCT (Book Club Thursday). My name is Cyn and each week myself and by BFF Ann@ Romancing the Readers blog about book related themes. 

Today is: 

Thanks to Ann for letting me pick her brain...bookish minds want to know (or maybe they don't LOL)...



BTRB:  Name one of the biggest clunker books  that you have ever read  and why . This can be  -in whole OR  in part-  and include  if  you’d  still tend recommend it or not .  

RTR: Come Home to Me by Brenda Novak. I really enjoy this series but this book was so bad for me. I hated the heroine and couldn't get past that fact. I would tell people about the series but warn them how bad this one was.

BTRB: Many times in the front or back of an author’s book, there will  be a “coming soon” blurb  and or excerpt (etc)- define what  “coming soon”  means to you and do you enjoy this tease/taste 

RTR: Coming soon is within the year. If it's long then that its not soon. Hell, I'd rather six months but that doesn't always happen. I don't read them so I can't say I enjoy them.

BTRB: Do you think authors (or their reps/assistants) should be more proactive /on top of social media  as in websites , facebook , twitter etc? 

RTR: Yes I do. I want to know what's coming out and when it's come. I get that they don't always have a set date but I'd love to know if it's coming out in the next year or so. Don't tell me your book is coming out on this date then years later I'm still waiting. And if you do that make sure we know why. We don't need all the information but it's helpful when you know there is family issues going on and things have been pushed back.

BTRB: Do you think there is a marked difference in the tone of many of the books published today compared to the past decade (10 yrs) 

RTR: Yes and no. I think books are always going to be date because of technology or world affairs but I don't see a huge difference. But I think you still have sex in books maybe a little more now then before. I think the one thing that's changed a lot is that now the authors mention more about condoms. Before  it wasn't mentioned as much. 

BTRB: If you could only read one sub-genre from your favorite genre of  fiction books from this point forward, what would it be (Example Romance/ Historical ) 

RTR: I would stick with contemporary romance. I read more of that then anything else. I would miss the books I read in other sub genre's, but not enough.



Now stop over at Ann's blog to see (or not LOL) what she asked me:



Romancing the Readers 



February 21

throwback thursday 






Comments

Post a Comment