Shout Out Saturday - 7/18/2020


my two cents

Welcome book lovers

My name is Cyn and thanks for stopping by today.

For today's shout out Saturday, I'm hosting my two cents which is basically a review of a book I've read. I'm the short sweet spoiler free type of reviewer. As always,I'd love to hear from you so drop me a line. 



Welcome to paradise...will you ever be able to leave?

Emily is a mess.

Emily Proudman just lost her acting agent, her job, and her apartment in one miserable day.

Emily is desperate.

Scott Denny, a successful and charismatic CEO, has a problem that neither his business acumen nor vast wealth can fix. Until he meets Emily.

Emily is perfect.

Scott offers Emily a summer job as a housekeeper on his remote, beautiful French estate. Enchanted by his lovely wife Nina, and his eccentric young daughter, Aurelia, Emily falls headlong into this oasis of wine-soaked days by the pool. But soon Emily realizes that Scott and Nina are hiding dangerous secrets, and if she doesn't play along, the consequences could be deadly.

This book just came out 7/14- lucky for you, because it's a very intriguing read...

If that cover and setting doesn't hook you...

Everything just works here...to a point...

I can not go into detail because it is a huge SPOILER. I know, I know...I'm sorry.

The ending...(see above)...if what I think happened is what happened...the book is beyond BRILLIANT... otherwise not so much. 

The characters aren't quite likable but that's okay- most of the time I enjoy that more in thriller type novels. 

Overall, this is a well developed and plotted novel and I would read Ms Downes next novel.

I give this 4 hearts (out of 5).


Comments