BCT -Reading Challenge-8/27/2020




Reading Challenge 
Welcome Book Lovers

My name is Cyn and thanks for stopping by. Each week, myself and my BFF Ann from over at Romancing the Readers (RTR)blog about book related themes on Book Club Thursday(BCT)




Reading Challenge 



Easy enough - read/review a book that fits a theme- I chose from this list 


theme:covers as in covers feature:

a book with a cover you don't like

mis-match:cover doesn't fit book

trifecta:
cover/title/about=perfect 7/23

animals

nature 6/25

single person

objects

body parts 3/26 


today's challenge


Yeah- I really dislike this utterly creepy, and I mean CREEPY cover. 

In fact, I turned the book over when I wasn't reading it- which by the way you NEED to do. That is if you can find a copy. 

When I bought the book I really wanted to read it and like so many other books I buy, it got regulated to a giant TBR mountain. I recently found it buried away when I was doing a mass purging of old books. That cover really stuck with me (EEK!) so I put is aside, facedown of course, with the intent of reading it ASAP. 

I LOVED this book. 

So these things I'm about to say are meant as HUGE compliments even if they don't sound that way. 

This book has a TOTAL old school horror vibe. Like a made for TV feel. Really smart and fresh and I both didn't want the book to end and kept wanting to finish it!

I did feel a plot point was left unanswered but it didn't change the way I felt. 

I really enjoyed the characters of Paula and her daughter Rowan.  

Lastly, that ending - OMFG! I don't think it could have ended any other BRILLIANT way!




 
Haven Woods is a suburban heaven, a great place to raise a family. It's close to the city, quiet, with great schools and its own hospital right up the road. Property values are climbing and the crime rate is practically nonexistent.

Paula Wittmore hasn't been back to Haven Woods since she left as disgraced teenager. Now she's returning to care for her suddenly ailing mother, and she's bringing her daughter and a pile of emotional baggage. She's also bringing unknowingly, the last chance for her mother's closest frenemies...twelve women bound together by a powerful secret that requires the sacrifice of a thirteenth.  






visit

join us

9/3: Trivia


Comments