Shout Out Saturday -8/29/2020

 

My Two Cents
Welcome Book Lovers

I'm Cyn and thanks for stopping by today to check out my short spoiler free review(s).

So here we go:

When Lor Careston's quiet Highland village was attacked and burned, he felt helpless against the raiders who destroyed his home. Seeking revenge, but lacking the fighting skills he needs to execute his mission, he sets out to find the Ludus Caledonia—a mysterious fight guild that turns men into warriors.

Lor trains hard, proves himself in the ring, and earns a place with the very clan that decimated his home, having decided to set his plan for revenge in motion from inside the clan. But his plan didn't include Isabail Keith, a fiery lass who prefers broadswords to embroidery and isn't afraid to stand with the warriors of her clan. Lor thought the Keiths were his enemies, but when Isabail is threatened, he'll have to decide what he's willing to risk for the woman who has captured his heart and the clan that has become his home.



This book was just released on 8/25. It's the first book in the series and the first time I've the read the author.


Pros: Hello...Scots! LOL Plus it's a mostly fast paced romance with lots of action. It has strong well developed (main) characters and some great witty moments and plenty of chemistry between Lor and Isabail. 


Cons: Too many characters at times and few things that might be considered light spoilers. I did enjoy the book the enough that I would probably read the next one in the series. 


Rating: I give this book 3.5 hearts (out of 5).




Bright lights, big trouble…

Dana Barry has nothing against rules. She just knows they’re meant to be bent. So it’s no wonder the single, twentysomething, aspiring actress loses her day job. Now her life is a mess… until she hears the Shopping Channel is auditioning. Relying on her knack for knowing what makes people tick, she lands a gig on air. But before she can say office politics, Dana is caught in the biggest drama of her life. The star host—a diva who terrorized the entire staff—is found dead. Dana knows the prime suspect is innocent.

The heat is on, and Dana thinks she’s ready for it…until she tangles with the tall, dark and smoldering detective in charge. It’s more fuel than she needs right now as she’s trying to launch her career. But Dana’s never been afraid to take chances…even when a single spark could ignite everything.


This book just came out on 8/25. 

Pros: Fast paced, easy to read and despite sagging in the middle,I really loved the ending (and not just because the book was over LOL).

Cons: I really and I mean REALLY didn't like Dana. Sometimes not liking a main character makes me enjoy a book more (I know crazy right) but not with book. Also, I sometimes dig over the top the books(and I thought this one was) but not in this instance. Also I expected a different type of book based on the totality of the packaging. 

Rating: I give this book 3 hearts out of 5.


As always - drop me a spoiler free line below- I'd love to hear from you.


Comments