shout out saturday-my two cents-8/22/20

 

review
Little Disasters
Sarah Vaughn

Welcome Book Lovers

My name is Cyn and thanks for stopping by. This week I'm giving my short spoiler free review of a book that was just released on 8/18.


You think you know her…but look a little closer.

She is a stay-at-home mother-of-three with boundless reserves of patience, energy, and love. After being friends for a decade, this is how Liz sees Jess.

Then one moment changes everything.

Dark thoughts and carefully guarded secrets surface—and Liz is left questioning everything she thought she knew about her friend, and about herself. The truth can’t come soon enough.

I have mixed feelings about this book. Sometimes I think that's because of the genres I choose to read and when I read things. Meaning that maybe sometimes I'm not as fair as I should/could be, if that makes sense? As in OMFG the book(s) you just read/finished (before this one)blew you away and now...

Pros: If you are looking for a (mostly)well written novel to make you think or a book to read for your book club this certainly will generate conversation/thoughts. This book was realistic and timely/current topic/plot. Side note-may include triggers for some readers(not a pro - just a warning).

Cons: Misleading cover and description. IMHO not a mystery or thriller which is what I was really expecting.This was more of a domestic drama ala women's fiction which was not a problem for me. I listed it under the con only because I was expecting something different which maybe isn't fair.This book also had some "everything but the kitchen sink" moments. Weak ending.  

Rating: 3 hearts (out of five)




As always,I'd love to hear your spoiler free thoughts about this novel or any similar book.



Comments