book club thursday-reading challenge

 


reading challenge


Welcome Book Lovers

Carpe Librum


My name is Cyn and thanks for stopping by. Each week myself and Ann from Romancing the Readers (RTR) host different themes on our Book Club Thursday (BCT).



reading challenge

Easy enough- we read/review a book that fits a theme from one of our lists. 

I chose a book matching a theme from this list (marked in purple)

theme:covers as in covers feature:

a book with a cover you don't like 8/27

mis-match:cover doesn't fit book

trifecta:cover/title/about=perfect 7/23

animals -9/24

nature 6/25

single person

objects

body parts 3/26  




Seamlessly blending classic horror and a dramatic narrative with sharp social commentary, The Only Good Indians follows four American Indian men after a disturbing event from their youth puts them in a desperate struggle for their lives. Tracked by an entity bent on revenge, these childhood friends are helpless as the culture and traditions they left behind catch up to them in a violent, vengeful way.




I almost overlooked this book and that would have been a crying shame.

I kept seeing it on lists and adverts and the like. I am so FREAKING glad I took a chance on this.

In fact, I freely admit that I have added Mr Jones to my list of favorite authors and have bought and/or read several other of his works since.

This book is sublime. The writing is poetic, fitting this eerie heartbreaking tale perfectly.

I was fascinated by the elk and Indian culture themes that are main focal points. And I loved the little something extra on the cover even if it was something I already knew. 

By far one of favorite books this year!





Visit:



Join Us:

Oct 1st
Trivia Thursday 





Comments