book club thursday

 


twice as nice???


Welcome Book Lovers

Carpe Librum 


My name is Cyn and thanks for stopping by.

Every Thursday, myself and my BFF Ann from Romancing the Readers(RTR)host different themes on Book Club Thursday (BCT).



twice as nice???


So today I am talking about the book I'm featuring below. Was it as nice the second time I read it?

Well, considering the first time was back in the mid 80's when I was a teen (and boy I was excited and spooked just a tad)...

When I read it this time, I was surprised. What I thought I remembered wasn't necessarily accurate and I admit to thinking more about the movie version at times... Now I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it- just on a different level than all those years ago. 

What book am I talking about???


Carrie White may be picked on by her classmates, but she has a gift. She can move things with her mind. Doors lock. Candles fall. This is her power and her problem. Then, an act of kindness, as spontaneous as the vicious taunts of her classmates, offers Carrie a chance to be a normal...until an unexpected cruelty turns her gift into a weapon of horror and destruction that no one will ever forget.



I'd love to hear your thoughts about this book or any other book that you re-read and felt differently about either in a good or bad way.


Visit Ann:RTR
Join us: Sept 17th- Throwback Thursday 






    





    


Comments