literary musings

 

book reviews


Welcome Book Lovers

Carpe Librum 


My name is Cyn and thanks for stopping by. Today I'm hosting my short (sometimes very)no nonsense spoiler free thoughts about a book or two.



Getting snowed in at a luxurious, rustic ski chalet high in the French Alps doesn’t sound like the worst problem in the world. Especially when there’s a breathtaking vista, a full-service chef and housekeeper, a cozy fire to keep you warm, and others to keep you company. Unless that company happens to be eight coworkers…each with something to gain, something to lose, and something to hide.

When the cofounder of Snoop, a trendy London-based tech startup, organizes a weeklong trip for the team in the French Alps, it starts out as a corporate retreat like any other: PowerPoint presentations and strategy sessions broken up by mandatory bonding on the slopes. But as soon as one shareholder upends the agenda by pushing a lucrative but contentious buyout offer, tensions simmer and loyalties are tested. The storm brewing inside the chalet is no match for the one outside, however, and a devastating avalanche leaves the group cut off from all access to the outside world. Even worse, one Snooper hadn’t made it back from the slopes when the avalanche hit.

As each hour passes without any sign of rescue, panic mounts, the chalet grows colder, and the group dwindles further…one by one.



I shouldn't be allowed to review Ms Ware.LOL.Just saying-because I FREAKING LOVE and I mean LOVE everything she writes and I can't find a negative thing to say about any of her books- especially this one!

Ms Ware- you are one clever wicked lady. Seriously. This is a total different side of you! And it's freaking amazing. 

A huge appeal for me and why Ms Ware is one of my favorite authors is that with Ms Ware's books, for me at least, there was always a bit of the dramatic/Gothic vibes going on. With endings that aren't always quite endings and heroines/narrators that don't always quite toe the line. 

With One by One,the Gothic sense is gone-replaced with a twisty modern vibe.The rest is there though and the isolated setting really amped things up.I could swear I saw my own breath more than once on an exhale. Ms Ware's skills are that freaking good. 

I did figure just about everything out but that's okay!  



As always-I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note below. 


 

Comments