book club thursday - reading challenge

 


Reading Challenge


Welcome Book Lovers

Carpe Librum 


Thanks for stopping by today for this week's edition of Book Club Thursday (BCT). My name is Cyn and almost everyday of the week (especially Thursdays LOL) myself and Ann from over at Romancing the Readers(RTR)blog together about a variety of things. 


Reading Challenge


 
We read/review any book that fits  from one of our challenge lists. 

I used this list:

reader's choice:


anything goes

just because

double dip

recommended by 

re-read

second chance to a previous author

try again:a book you once gave up on

i really tried, but...


today's challenge


I've had a hard time with sticking with a book lately(I'm writing  this on 9/24 so we'll see if things improve)...

I've even mixed things up and tried my usual tricks to avail. 

So, I'm cheating even more and not even going to mention any book for this challenge because I could list more than one! LOL 

I have a book arriving today that I have been looking forward too, so maybe that will do the trick. And while wanting/waiting for a book doesn't always affect what I'm trying to read, maybe this was this case this time? 

Since I feel bad about not listing an actual book for the challenge  what I will list is the book I've been waiting for and I promise to review it soon (in case you care if it broke my reading slump! LOL)




In this gripping and terrifying horror story based on true events, the President’s late son haunts the White House, breaking the spirit of what remains of the First Family and the divided America beyond the residence’s walls.

The year is 1853. President-elect Franklin Pierce is traveling with his family to Washington, DC, when tragedy strikes. In an instant, their train runs off the rails, violently flinging passengers about the cabin. But when the great iron machine finally comes to rest, the only casualty is the President-elect’s beloved son, Bennie, which casts Franklin’s presidency in a pall of sorrow and grief.

As Franklin moves into the White House, he begins to notice that something bizarre is happening. Strange sounds coming from the walls and ceiling, creepy voices that seem to echo out of time itself, and visions of spirits crushed under the weight of American history.

But when First Lady Jane Pierce brings in the most noted Spiritualists of the day, the Fox sisters, for a séance, the barrier between this world and the next is torn asunder. Something horrible comes through and takes up residence alongside Franklin and Jane in the walls of the very mansion itself.

Only by overcoming their grief and confronting their darkest secrets can Jane and Franklin hope to rid themselves—and America—from the entity that seeks to make the White House its permanent home.
 



Visit



Join us

10/29

Free Day





Comments