book club thursday

 


What's ahead in 2021

Welcome Book Lovers


I'm Cyn and thanks for stopping by this week for Book Club Thursday (BCT).Each Thursday myself and Ann from over at Romancing the Readers (RTR) blog about book related themes.  

2020 SUCKED for so many reasons. But I hope that 2021 is better for all of us. 

I hope we all continue to be happy and healthy and read books we love. In 2020, I really changed what types of books I read. I went from to being a die-hard/core romance reader to reading mostly darker fiction from all genres. While I still do enjoy romance it's only a small portion of what I currently read.    

Today I'm giving you the lowdown on what to expect in 2021. Most of what I post can either be found here, on Facebook, on Twitter or any combination thereof. Also on many days RTR and I jointly post together.  


SUNDAYS:




Spotlight Sunday: “Spotlights” book covers or titles without any real explanation

 

January: Titles we love

February: Covers we love

March: Tiles we don’t love

April: Covers we don’t love

May: Covers I think RTR would love

June: Mismatches

July:Holiday

August: Covers I think RTR would love

September: Perfect Matches

October: Paranormal

November: Anything Goes

December: Holiday


MONDAYS:

 



Book Scavenger Hunt: Play along and “hunt” for books featuring a theme

  

TUESDAYS:

 



Happy Book Birthday! Featuring highlighted releases and/or reviews

 

WEDNESDAYS:

 


#Amreading - Are you having a love or hate relationship with you current read. I’d love to know!


THURSDAYS:

 



BOOK CLUB THURSDAYS - rotating themes

 

First: Trivia

Second: This or That

Third: TBT

Fourth: Reading Challenge (see below)

Fifth: Free Day

 

READING CHALLENGES 

Where we read and review any book that fits one of these "challenges":


theme:clearing off the book shelves:

read an author whose books you are +2 behind on

read any new to you author

read any series you are +2 behind on 

start a new series- 

read a book you've had for six months or less

read a book you've had for over a year

read a book you've had for over five years 

read a book you keep meaning to read 

theme:covers as in covers feature:

a book with a cover you don't like 

mis-match:cover doesn't fit book

trifecta:cover/title/about=perfect 

animals 

nature

single person

objects

body parts  

reader's choice:


anything goes

just because

double dip

recommended by 

re-read

second chance to a previous author

try again:a book you once gave up on

i really tried, but... 

 

FRIDAYS:

 



Feature Friday: “featuring”

 

First: Future Read

Second: Author/Reader Day

Third: Falling Behind

Fourth: For Fun

Fifth: Freak Out

  

SATURDAYS:

 

Whatever I want- but probably my day of rest! LOL




This year I read so many freaking amazing books that I can't even begin to list all my favorites, because so many of them were!

I'll just list a handful(in no order). They are ALL worth checking out:

Mexican Gothic- Silvia Moreno Garcia

The Only Good Indians-Stephen Graham Jones

The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires- Grady Hendrix

It Came From the Multiplex-Anth.

The Guest List- Lucy Foley 

The Golden Cage- Camilla Lackberg

One to Watch - Kate Stayman London

Undercover Bromance-Lyssa Kay Adams

The Ghost Tree- Christina Henry

The Remaking-Clay McLeod Chapman


I could go and on...LOL 

Now for a few titles (again in order) I am really looking forward to in 2021- they are due out within the first 6 months mainly because I haven't found any yet past that. LOL

Final Girl Support Group- Grady Hendrix

Survive the Night-Riley Sager

The Burning Girls- C.J. Tudor

Certain Dark Things-Silvia Moreno Garcia



I'd love to hear about your favorites from 2020 and what you are looking forward to reading in 2021, so drop me some comments. 



VISIT 

RTR


COME BACK 

1/7 for Trivia Thursday 





Comments