happy book birthday

 

 



happy book birthday 


Welcome Book Lovers


My name is Cyn and today I'm saying Happy Book Birthday to the book listed below. I've included my review that I posted on 1/16

You're next...

Carol and Nessa are strangers but not for much longer.

In a luxury apartment and in the walls of a modern hospital, the evil that was done continues to thrive. They are in the hands of an entity that knows no boundaries and crosses dimensions - bending and twisting time itself - and where danger waits in every shadow. The battle is on for their bodies and souls and the line between reality and nightmare is hard to define.
Through it all, the words of Lydia Warren Carmody haunt them. But who was she? And why have Carol and Nessa been chosen?

The answer lies deep in the darkness…


Paying attention is the name of the game with this Gothic novel told over multiple time frames. This atmospheric, but sometimes dreary tale was the first book I've read by Ms Cavendish. 

I was utterly captivated by that cover and title and wanted to read it based on those two things alone.

The characters in this novel are strong and well written. The novel itself is eerie but be warned it does drag at times. Fairly predictable in some ways and I certainly felt let down somewhat at the end but I still enjoyed it. My rating is on the high side because I typically round up on my 1/2 marks. 



I'd love to hear from you so please drop me a comment. 


Comments