happy book birthday




Welcome Book Lovers


My name is Cyn & pretty much every day of the week, I'm blogging, Tweeting or putting things on Facebook related to books...

Today I'm saying Happy Book Birthday(because deserve a special day too!)to: 




Deep in the woods there's a cabin, buried beneath that cabin is a demon.

A group of high-schoolers dupe two classmates into assisting in bringing rise to the demon, but something goes wrong and the teens face off with a gory, blood-dripping, splatter-smattered onslaught that will test, transform, and terrorize them.
Wild, grotesque, hilarious, Who Will Save Your Soul? is what would happen if Evil Dead and Dead Alive made sweet love and gave birth to a book baby.




C'mon admit it...even if you won't I will...

I always wished that the old TV series Tales from the Crypt had...well, a bit more bite to them. Snark, sex, gore...the list goes on. And yes, some of those Crypt tales were fairly ground breaking at the time.

But guess what- lucky for me, and you if you dig those sorts of things, Unnerving has published a series of books called Rewind or Die that is all of those things and more and I couldn't be happier about it. I'm currently working my way though all of them.

I was given an e Arc of this one. And like the cover says, it really does have shades of The Evil Dead in it. 

Despite the short length, this story reads like one three times the length. Every word is put to amazing use here. It's not for the squeamish. Oh...it's really not!

I loved every nasty bit, and like all of the best horror, it goes out on one hell of a note! Also, I freely admit to skimming over and NOT reading NOR trying to pronounce some of the incantations/spells. I don't in ANY book I read, because yeah why chance it. And that my friends is what makes a killer (heh, see what I did there)horror story writer.When they scare you /creep you out enough that you don't want to chance it...Kind of like NOT saying Candyman(one of my favorites ever - not to mention Tony Todd)while looking in the mirror. 

  


Yes- this song plays into the book! And I found myself humming it throughout...



Couldn't find the exact scene I wanted but this is close enough!



I'd love to hear from you so drop me a comment. 





Comments