now available



my musings:a review

 


My name is Cyn and I have a serious addiction to books. 

Today I'm reviewing the book listed below. Actually I call my reviews "musings" because I typically keep them very brief and more impressions than anything. If I include spoilers (a rarity) I will warn you.

 



Lizzie Borden took an axe . . . and so goes the song depicting the 1892 axe murders of her father and step-mother. Research indicates that a killer gene could be passed down through generations of family members, and evidence begins with Lizzie’s ancestor who murdered his mother in 1673.Chatroom with a View opens with a bone-chilling episode, and what’s left of Troy Cullen’s dysfunctional family keeps him even further from the normal integration with society. Troy’s life further unravels when his ex-girlfriend, Veronica, announces that she is pregnant. Troy loses control and plots to do unto others as they have done unto him. When Veronica digs into his family’s past, she exposes this killer gene; she must try to balance her obsession for a family with shielding herself and their baby from evil. But Troy has his own agenda, resulting in an epic showdown.



One of the most difficult things for me sometimes is not only keeping up with all the books I want to read but actually reviewing them! Especially when I am provided ARCS either from NetGalley or through direct contact from an author or publisher. My apologies in advance for any delayed reviews!

I was contacted by the author regarding the book featured above. 

While I liked it, I didn't love it. It's a solidly written thriller but it's one of those books that requires ALL of your attention. I will add that at times makes this was a page turner.

Maynard excels at writing the "chatroom" dialogue which was probably my favorite aspect of the novel. 

Oh- and I LOATHED Troy. The book also has some over the top moments but both somehow work. LOL 

I was happy with the ending with was fitting to say the least. 

This book was published in Jan 2021 and is available in print format. 













Comments