now available




my musings

 


My name is Cyn and I have a serious addiction to books. 

Today I'm reviewing the book listed below. Actually I call my reviews "musings" because I typically keep them very brief and more impressions than anything. If I include spoilers (a rarity) I will warn you.

 



Meet Davenport, also known as the Mad Marksman of Malta. He is a hunter. Not of game or fowl, but of men. What he hunts he finds, and what he finds he exterminates—until his trusty revolver fails him at a crucial moment in Italy, that is, leaving a job unfinished and his resolve shaken. Mistakenly thinking the blow has been struck, a criminal mastermind known as the Black Phantom performs a cruel act of retaliation. The once and would-be assassin has no choice but to reunite with a storied band of skilled mercenaries in an effort to exact revenge.

Davenport. Abel Hazard. Miranda Gissing. Dr. Joseph Intaglio. Mr. Bonnet. Twitch Markham. The Butcher. Lovinia Dulcet. Robin Varnesse. These are the Portable Nine. They operate outside the law, but they are not without a code of ethics. Outcasts all, they are heroes to the underdog and enemies of the ruthless. Intelligent and fearless, they will stop at nothing to see that their brand of justice is meted out.




One of the most difficult things for me sometimes is not only keeping up with all the books I want to read but actually reviewing them! Especially when I am provided ARCS either from NetGalley or through direct contact from an author or publisher. My apologies in advance for any delayed reviews!

I was contacted by the author regarding the book featured above. 

Sadly I did not finish the book. I just couldn't stick with it. I did see another reviewer made the same initial comment but stuck with book and ended up giving it a 5 star review. So maybe someday when I'm feeling it- I'll go back an try again. Part of my frustration with this book was that I could not read it on my kindle(it's much older)and I had to find another way. I'm not blaming anyone so please don't read into that HOWEVER seriously I shouldn't have to work that hard to review a book that I've been requested to.    

This book was published in Jan 2021 and is available in both  print & ebook format. PS I now have Kindle Unlimited and this book is available there, so yeah maybe someday...










Comments