feature friday


featuring:FrEak OuT 



My name is Cyn and each Sunday (not to mention Thurdays and Fridays) myself and my BBFF (the extra B is for book LOL) Ann from over at Romancing the Readers blog together. 

The "feature" today is FrEaK OuT- as in that made me...you guessed it FrEaK OuT. I'm actually reviewing a book today.   

I just read this recently and while I thought I was Ms Smarty Pants and had it all figured  out... there was an ending twist that had me...

So... I really LOVED this book. It was already on my buy list then LUCKY me, it was part of my Nightworms Box. The book came with a signed book plate, a sticker and letter from the author; totally killer stuff (ha ha ha see what I did there). 

Chapman made this story believable and realistic and I can't talk more about it without giving too much away. It was deftly plotted and paced and importantly, Richard was that special sort of character...go read the book to find out.




Inspired by the McMartin preschool trials and the Satanic Panic of the ‘80s, the critically acclaimed author of The Remaking delivers another pulse pounding, true-crime-based horror novel.


Richard doesn’t have a past. For him, there is only the present: a new marriage to Tamara, a first chance at fatherhood to her son Elijah, and a quiet but pleasant life as an art teacher at Elijah’s elementary school in Danvers, Virginia. Then the body of a rabbit, ritualistically murdered, appears on the school grounds with a birthday card for Richard tucked beneath it. Richard doesn’t have a birthday—but Sean does . . .

Sean is a five-year-old boy who has just moved to Greenfield, Virginia, with his mother. Like most mothers of the 1980s, she’s worried about bills, childcare, putting food on the table . . . and an encroaching threat to American life that can take the face of anyone: a politician, a friendly neighbor, or even a teacher. When Sean’s school sends a letter to the parents revealing that Sean’s favorite teacher is under investigation, a white lie from Sean lights a fire that engulfs the entire nation—and Sean and his mother are left holding the match.

Now, thirty years later, someone is here to remind Richard that they remember what Sean did. And though Sean doesn’t exist anymore, someone needs to pay the price for his lies.

GO BUY IT

Indiebound

Amazon



visit: 

Romancing the Readers

stop back: 

5/2:sunday spotlight 





Thanks for stopping by - I'd LOVE to hear from you so please drop me a line. 

Comments