happy book birthday

 


Chopping Spree  

My name is Cyn and I have a serious addiction to books. Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from so drop me a line. 

Please join me and let's raise a glass or mug (you get the idea LOL)and wish a very Happy Book Birthday to the following book(s)- 


Eden Hills, Minnesota is famous for one thing—its '80s inspired Fashion Mall. When high school junior, Penny, lands a job at one of its trendy stores, she notices her teen coworkers all wear a strange symbol they won’t explain. Suspicious but wanting to belong, she agrees to stay after closing for a party in the closed store. Her fun turns to terror when Penny discovers a mortally wounded boy and learns there is a killer loose in the mall. Soon the teens are running for their lives.



C'mon admit it...even if you won't I will...

I always wished that the old TV series Tales from the Crypt had...well, a bit more bite to them. Snark, sex, gore...the list goes on. And yes, some of those Crypt tales were fairly ground breaking at the time.

But guess what- lucky for me, and you if you dig those sorts of things, Unnerving has published a series of books called Rewind or Die that is all of those things and more and I couldn't be happier about it. I'm currently working my way though all of them.

I was provided an eARC of Chopping Spree.

While it wasn't exactly what I expected I really really liked it. 

I wished it was more 80's inspired OR actually took place in the 80's BUT other than that I really dug the 80's themed music and indoor shopping mall feel/references. 

The actual plot was fresh and brilliant and an amazing commentary(IMHO) about consumerism. 

I also really rooted for Penny and I can only hope with that fitting ending (I'll fight you on it if you disagree LOL)that maybe someday we will see a follow up! Hey I can dream, can't I? LOL

 






Comments