spotlight sunday - book covers

 

 

book covers we...




My name is Cyn and each Sunday (not to mention Thurdays and Fridays) myself and my BBFF (the extra B is for book LOL) Ann from over at Romancing the Readers blog together. 


Today we are "spotlighting" books with covers we aren't crazy about. This is no reflection on the book itself- rather than our opinion about the cover. We also understand that many times the author has no control over the cover or title. We also typically won't offer much in the way of any explanation about our choices.

I'm pretty sure I never read the book spotlighted below, even if I did it was probably back in the late 80's or early 90's. I will say I LOVE LOVE LOVE the movie though.

Searching for the cover for this book unearthed some real...AHEM...well maybe you see why I'm featuring... ALL OF THEM! LOL - Well not ALL since there are so many editions/re-issues but you get the idea...













In a small New England town in that hectic ear when the sixties turned into the seventies, there lived three witches. Alexandra Spoffard, a sculptress, could create thunderstorms. Jane Smart, a cellist, could fly. The local gossip columnist, Sukie Rougemont, could turn milk into cream. Divorced but hardly celibate, the wonderful witches one day found themselves quite under the spell of the new man in town, Darryl Van Horne, whose strobe-lit hot tub room become the scene of satanic pleasures.




Still with me?? ? LOL 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this totally adorable cover featured below for... the SEQUEL LOL 






Visit:

Romancing the Readers

Return on: 

4/15 for Book Club Thursday













Comments