book club thursday


reading challenge


My name is Cyn and in case you didn't notice-I have a serious addiction to books. Especially all genres of horror. I recently read a quote from Dorothy Allison that sums up how I feel about reading/books; "But I want the [poem or]story to burn me. I want the page to crisp my fingers."

Each week on Sunday, Thursday and Friday, myself and my BBFF Ann from over at Romancing the Readers blog together about various book related themes. 




Just like it sounds- I read and reviewed a book that fit a challenge from the list below.


reader's choice:

anything goes

just because 2/25

double dip

recommended by 

re-read

second chance to a previous author

try again:a book you once gave up on   7/22

i really tried, but... 

 

I chose try again- 




The location of the glymera’s notorious prison camp was lost after the raids. When a freak accident provides Nyx clues to where her sister may still be doing time, she becomes determined to find the secret subterranean labyrinth. Embarking on a journey under the earth, she learns a terrible truth—and meets a male who changes everything forever.

The Jackal has been in the camp for so long he cannot recall anything of the freedom he once knew. Trapped by circumstances out of his control, he helps Nyx because he cannot help himself. After she discovers what happened to her sister, getting her back out becomes a deadly mission for them both.

United by a passion they can’t deny, they work together on an escape plan for Nyx—even though their destiny is to be forever apart. And as the Black Dagger Brotherhood is called upon for help, and Rhage discovers he has a half-brother who’s falsely imprisoned, a devious warden plots the deaths of them all…even the Brothers.


The first time I tried to read this, I must have been in a mood- I mean- it's J.R. FREAKING Ward!  LOL

But for whatever reason, I could not stand Nyx and was so utterly annoyed I stopped reading the book. 

I recently tried again and I'm glad I did. I don't think this is as good as most of her other books and I admit to being somewhat disappointed. 

While I enjoyed the humor and new characters, I thought some other things were not developed enough and found a pinch of disconnect.

Will this stop me from reading/buying - HELL NO...

I give this book: 3   




visit 

return for
Feature Friday   
on 7/23




Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you so drop me a line. 

 











Comments