BCT-Reading Challenge-6/25/2020



Reading Challenge 2020
welcome book lovers

Each week myself and my BFF Ann from over at Romancing the Readers or RTR)blog about book related themes on Book Club Thursday(BCT)

Reading Challenge

Easy- we each read & review any book that fits one of our "challenge" themes.

I chose: nature

full list click here




Ten teens. Three days. One killer.

It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives—an exclusive house party on Henry Island. Best friends Meg and Minnie are looking forward to two days of boys, booze, and fun-filled luxury. But what starts out as fun turns twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message: Vengeance is mine. And things only get worse from there.

With a storm raging outside, the teens are cut off from the outside world . . . so when a mysterious killer begins picking them off one by one, there’s no escape. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on one another, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine?

Okay - so maybe I cheated a pinch with the cover- nature? LOL

Actually I could have chosen so many challenges for this title.

I received a signed copy from the author at a book event so many years ago (circa the pub date so maybe around 2013??)

I've recently read quite a few novels with a similar theme - people trapped/isolated in a remote/semi-remote location with no way out/no cell service/electricity yada yada yada (you get the idea) with dead bodies piling up and a possible killer among them...

yeah - I just summed up Ten. I did enjoy it and the fact it was Young Adult didn't bother me. It was smartly written mystery even if it was a tad predictable. But that's okay-everything worked nicely,plus
the suspense and mystery were nicely plotted and paced. 


Join us 7/2: Trivia



Comments